Make A WordPress Bitcoin Faucet
Here is a complete simple tutorial on how to make a wordpress bitcoin faucet. Very easy and simple to follow instructions to make your bitcoin faucet using wordpress. So why wordpress? WordPress have many security options a faucet owner can implement to prevent bot to collect from their faucet. In my opinion it is much safer that other faucet scripts out there today.
The template of a wordpress bitcoin faucet depends on the faucet owner who will choose the template before hand. There are thousands of templates to choose from and if were talking about wordpress than almost all the templates are responsive. Even visitors from a phone can use the faucet and collect coins. A faucet owner can fully customize his faucet design and pick the security necessary to keep his faucet safe.
Here’s a short tutorial on how to make a wordpress bitcoin faucet. Currently you can make a litecoin and a dash faucet using 99bitcoin’s plugin. But for now lets stick with bitcoin first, I will make other tutorial regarding the other two coins in later time.
How To Make A WordPress Bitcoin Faucet
1. Domain Name – you can get it Here. If you’re making a faucet you need a domain name. If you want free subdomain is fine also but don’t expect advertisers to advertise in your site. Domain name will only cost you $0.48 a year, so I think it is affordable for anyone.
If you already have a domain name and a hosting provider then we can continue with the installation. We need to install wordpress first and then after that we are adding the plugin for the bitcoin faucet.
3. Install wordpress into your domain name. After you install wordpress please return here for the bitcoin faucet installation.
Installing Bitcoin Faucet Plugin
There are some bitcoin faucet plugins and we will start with 99bitcoin faucet plugin. This plugin is created by 99bitcoins.com and it is a very clean and maintained plugin. Recently they add other altcoins support like litecoin and dash. You can make a faucet for each coin but with different wordpress website. You can not install three coins in one wordpress website because it is not supported yet. For this tutorial we will only discuss bitcoin faucet.
1. Download the plugin and upload it in Plugin, then click Add New button at the top of the page, a new panel.
2. Click the crypto faucet and select faucet. A new page will open and you need to enter the necessary information needed so that your bitcoin faucet would function correctly.
3. Do not close the page and open a new tab and create a new page and name it bitcoin-faucet and check-balance. In the Urls place the page you just created. So in Faucet page you will add /bitcoin-faucet and in the Check address page you will add /check-balance. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click save changes.
Go to support tab and copy the codes then paste it in your created pages. All of the shortcode needs to be in the bitcoin-faucet page and only the btc-faucet-address-check should be place in the check-balance page.
4. In the currency tab you need to place the price that will give to your members and along with the chance of getting the reward.
5. In the configuration tab you need to enter your faucethub API key so your faucet can pay visitors using their faucethub account. If you don’t have a faucethub account yet you can sign up Here.
Now open your wordpress website and go to your bitcoin-faucet page. It should be working now. To earn from your bitcoin faucet you need to apply for a publisher account in bitcoin advertising networks. To convert your traffic into cash.